Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Specific

Drivetrain noises

<< < (3/3)

toplessFC3Sman:
So, drivetrain vibrations taken care of too? Glad the clutch issue ended up being something relatively simple (even if its a bit of work to get back to it)

FCwidman:
 all the vibrations have not come back, still dripping small amounts of oil from somewhere though.

murz:
Glad it's fixed and the new driveshaft works too. The oil pan can be extremely difficult to seal I've heard.

FCwidman:
Drove the car a few hundred miles over the weekend to South Haven and back. drives nice and smooth down the road. Still seems to be a clunk everyonce in a while when I let off the clutch. No where near as loud or consistent as before, no more vibrating and shaking at low load, and the drivetrain is nice and quite. The search will continue for the clunk.

Some small leaks here and there, havnt been home enough to determine if its engine or trans leaking. oil on the dipstick hasnt moved, but it never really seemed to move before either.. Wish there was an easier way to check the trans, being stupid low makes jacking it up a task.

fidelity101:
With the solid or more solid rear end bushing for the subframe/diff it tends to bit more connected aka solid so I get a bit more abrasiveness feeling when adding/removing load. Like there is less slack it just has a more harder linked feel. If you want to get rid of that you may be going back to rubber mounts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version