Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Specific

Turbo vacuum routing - is this right?

<< < (2/2)

murz:
I believe I have a tee or two even, I'll have to go back over my system, would explain the issues I'm having too. On my car I blocked off that nipple.

toplessFC3Sman:
Ah, I forgot that the S5's have a boost control solenoid from the factory. If you're using an S4 ECU, then you won't have the control output needed for this and should just cap the extra nipple (yellow circle). For an S5 ECU, this should be hooked up to a solenoid valve that is controlled by the ECU to dump some of the boost "signal" to the wastegate, allowing the turbo to build more boost at lower engine speeds (basically PWM to reduce the pressure trying to open the wastegate).

With the routing you were talking about before, it would definitely cause idle issues since air could essentially bypass the throttle plates by going through the solenoid valve, causing a leak of metered air (so no lean condition, just a high, possibly hunting idle)

Is the boost control solenoid the switching solenoid that you're talking about (in your third paragraph)?

You can ignore the twin-scroll actuator - either wire it open or cut off the arm and plug the hole in the manifold completely.

fidelity101:
yup.

makes sense, why I couldn't find a vacuum leak it was an internal self induced one.

my extra long S5 UIM intake bolt comes in the mail today, the interfooler is on so i can adjust idle while running and then this should be good to go!

I don't have the twin scroll actuator itself because I'm using the s5 turbo manifold.

fidelity101:
hooked up everything, adjusted the throttle body and TPS works great!

I am using the S5 throttle body as well on my car with the s5 TPS. I just cut the wires and used a weatherpack connector it is more robust and has better connectivity to it than the beat up old connector. I also made a connector for the wide range so if I decide to go haltech or something it is ready to go. Right now the car is using the narrowband like the ECU likes, it does in fact run on the wide range but it gets a bit weird under load...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version