Author Topic: Pilot bearing  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Twisted

Pilot bearing
« on: August 18, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »
OK so i cant get the inner bearing sleeve of the eccentric shaft. been messing with it when i have free time tried using a cheap rental puller quickly learn that was a bad idea when half of the bearing came out i have tried every thing i can think of even took a dremel to it cant get that thing out. car has been laid up almost a year now really just want to get it back together.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Pilot bearing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 08:24:48 AM »
where are you located?  Might be able to help you
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 08:29:57 AM »
i have used various things to get that pilot bearing out.  the latest and most successful was pilot bearing tool with slide hammer from harbor freight.  I had to put the right fingers into the eccentric shaft and then assemble the rest of the tool.  once it was nice and tight then i used the slide hammer to beat it out. 

The dremal has work for me in the past where i carefully cut a line in the pilot bearing all the way through and bent the metal in on itself to get it out.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline Twisted

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 09:58:28 AM »
I’m up in Ubly yeah I’m out of ideas

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:09:40 AM »
If you were a little closer i would pop over and help you.  Unless you are able to bring it down to my house in ortonville.  We could get it knocked out real quick.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline Twisted

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Getting it there wouldn’t be a problem I have aaa. I’ll pm you my phone number if you wanna text me can try to figure something out