Author Topic: South Central Ohio Weekend Cruise  (Read 1550 times)

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
South Central Ohio Weekend Cruise
« on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:55 AM »
Hey guys. I'm trying to put together a cruise/meet for next summer. I don't have all of the details ironed out as of yet (mainly time frame), but I do think I have a great location.

Since I moved to the Columbus, OH area 2 years ago I have missed out on some awesome meets with all of my friends, so I wanted to see if everybody wanted to come down my way and spend some time together. The roads down here are in pretty great shape and there are a lot of twists and turns to be enjoyed. The place where I would like us to drive to is Hocking Hills State Park, which is about an hour from my home. There are caves, water falls, a lake and plenty more to explore. You can check out the website here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

My wife and I have 5 acres (part of which has an off-road go kart track!) and a fairly decent sized house. Depending on how many people show up, if we get an overflow and run out of available rooms, there is plenty of room for camping :-)

So I'm thinking some time late summer (need to make sure my car is running for all of this haha). We can drink and bbq at my house and whatever else if people want to come down on a Friday. Then head to the state park Saturday morning, enjoy the day there and head back in the evening.

Let me know if you guys are interested or have questions. This is all very early on in the development stages so bare with me. 
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert
'94 Silver Stone Metallic Touring

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: South Central Ohio Weekend Cruise
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:17 AM »
We are definitely interested.  Granted we have a graduation party to plan this year.  I need to make sure our cars are running for this adventure.  We definitly don't want to miss out on seeing you guys.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline toplessFC3Sman

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »
Ooh, I'm definitely interested! The park certainly looks nice, and I know that Road & Track do some of their on-road evaluations around there

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 07:10:58 AM »
Hey guys. Just wanted to put this back into everyone's minds. I would still like to have this event. Let me know what time frame everyone is thinking. Now that I have the FD, I don't have to worry about hurrying up to finish the vert. Once we can all agree on a month, then we can start to look at what weekend. Again, I have plenty of room at the house for people to stay the weekend. Really looking forward to this, so let's make it happen!!
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert

Offline murz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »
I'm definitely up for it.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
We are going to be having a graduation party for Rima either April 28th or May 5th not sure yet.  Also, thinking May 19th to have a meet/ B day party for me at the drag strip/ my house.  Everyone is invited to both of these events.

I'm open to any other week ends.  When is your trip and your golf outing?
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline awfc3s

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
  • ~Keep It Sideways~
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:53:40 AM »
I leave for Ireland May 1st and then golf outing is Memorial weekend.
'88 SE LSX (Dead)
'87 LSX drift car
'90 TurboII vert