Generation Specific > Other Car Projects (Non-Rotary)

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 1.8 V-6 (Gretchen)

(1/6) > >>

~Groll69~:
As most of you know, I have acquired this little 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 1.8 V-6 from Murz.  The plan is to utilize it as a daily driver.  I have named her Gretchen and have a personalized plate coming for it.  Gretchen has approximately 30k miles on the motor with 171k miles on the chassis.  I have had to do some little things to the car since buying it from him.  I had to replace the radiator cap on it, the one Murz put on used from an RX-7 had started to leak.  I had to get all new wiper blades since the ones it had deteriorated over the past few years of very little use.  New gas cap, and I am getting used drivers side window switch shipped in from hillbillys junk yard, I think out of VA.  That has been a challenge to find.  Otherwise I plan to do some maintenance repairs later this summer and replace the radio since the volume knob is funky.

The car has so car been fun to drive.  It is a nice little birthday present to myself.  Thank you Murz.

~Groll69~:
The upper shock connector on passenger side rusted completely apart.  Also some holes have rusted through in the shock tower.  Plus after getting it aprt, the shock is totally trashed so i have both rear shocks on order and a new upper shock connection for the otherside.  I had already got the one part in before pulling it apart.  I assume drivers side is similar just not as bad.   Will replace regardless.  I will try to get some pics to post.

~Groll69~:
Here is what i found upon removal of the rear struts.  The top piece of one of the struts was non existent.  The top you see was the good side aka drivers side rear.

~Groll69~:
Since the springs are out, i decided to paint them red.  In the meantime while waiting for paint to dry on the springs. I gotten in a new radio with Bluetooth and cd player for the car and harness connector.  After doing the harness connector it became the easiest radio install i have ever done.

murz:
Amazing that I drove that car across country several times like that after, having almost rolled it, accidentally jumped a train track etc. It still handled very well! Glad the radio install went smoothly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version