Technical and Performance > Engine Management Forum

Any Rotary/PFC tuners in Michigan?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ITSWILL:
I really don't know about the injectors.  If anything it may have 850 primaries.  We can check it out though.  I have no boost controller and it runs at about 12 psi so I would assume your boost controller would only be able to make it higher.

murz:
I think the PFC has a way to control boost too, my car see's 14PSI if I let it now, which I've only done once, and won't again until it's tuned. I bet there's a way to up the boost on your car with the controller.

The boost setting was set at the half way point (which was 10PSI before the intercooler), I set it lower and it didn't do anything, which makes me believe it might just be boost spiking (cutback + high flow cat + intake + intercooler does that).

It would be nice if there's a way to upgrade the secondaries without upgrading the entire rail and fuel system, due to the side feed injectors.

ITSWILL:
A boost controller doesn't generally make less boost than what the wastegate spring designates.  It usually PWMs the boost line to the diaphragm to reduce the boost pressure it actually sees.

murz:
Correct, but it should be able to hold it at 10psi then? I think it was a 7 or 10 lbs spring?

murz:
Well, played with the controller and it's now boosting to 12PSI, which I'm happy with until I get a tune.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version