Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Specific

S5 NA build

(1/3) > >>

~Groll69~:
I have an S5 NA motor.  I would like to get 200-250 whp out of it to go into Bella.  I think that is a reasonable goal.  What do i need in order to achieve that. 

I am trying to keep this affordable.

murz:
Well, I think the cheapest way, with an NA motor is probably Nitrous. If you're willing to take apart the engine though, you could do some porting, porting alone might get you to say 220 whp maximum though, that also requires several other supporting modifications, such as a full exhaust system and intake system, stand alone, or carb even.

~Groll69~:
220 whp is in my range.  Nitrous would be a fun addition.  I am not opposed to opening the engine and porting it to get there.  If we can push closer to 250 would be best.  I want to do this right. 

ITSWILL:
I think 200whp is doable easy enough from what I have read. 250whp is upgraded turbo range.

like Murz said, you are looking at a new intake system as well as a standalone or carburetor.  all of this for more money to make less power under the curve than a turbo swap.

best bet for NA would be to half bridge port the motor. put some new 2 piece apex seals in it, turbo II injectors and a megasquirt.

murz:
After hearing Jake's half bridgeport at LBI this weekend, I think you should go bridgeport, that was the best sounding car there, by far. He's running stock ECU and stock intake, but he's got a decent exhaust on it, so he's probably not making more power than the stock engine configuration. The stock intake is just too narrow and too long for the power-band a bridgeport wants, even the S5 intake isn't that great.

If you get the same intake Will has (for the half bridge build) costs around $300-$400 I believe, find a used Megasquirt for $200-800  from what I've seen and heard.
You already have a header, but with that overlap you'd need a full header back exhaust as well. Say $1000? Or you could have a custom exhaust made, such as a long primary system, or a super short primary system.
Then there comes the wiring install, and Turbo 2 injectors (I might have a set actually you could have).
I'd throw in a walbro as well, or a turbo fuel pump. I think I have a spare you could also have.

I'm probably missing something, but i'm not sure how well the stock clutch, NA trans or rear end would hold up? I'm sure they'd be fine at 200whp, but your call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version