Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Specific

S5 NA build

<< < (2/3) > >>

~Groll69~:
I will need help with the work and staying on track to get the parts.  Especially with everything that is going on in my life so far.  I want to do this and move forward on it.  Lets list out exactly what i Need and I will start to get it.  Also when we can do what.  In this effort will be a repaint of the engine bay.  If i can get a plan of action laid out, then i can move on it.

ITSWILL:
he will need a throttle body as well of he is going to do fuel injection.

also to be sure it would take the power it would need a TII trans and rear end.

I would not recommend this.

I would talk to to Andrew about buying his vert and turbo swap parts.

murz:
Yep, totally missed the throttle body.
So...

Intake - $500
Exhaust - $1000
ECU - $800
TB - $400
Engine seals - $600?
This is looking around $3000 to $4000, and perhaps less if you get a better deal, but it's done right.

How much is Andrew selling his engine setup for?

~Groll69~:
I think the $3k-$4K is quite high.  I would think i could do it closer to $1.5K for it all.  What parts are reusable verse new is the big question.  Probably just a seal kit and new apex seals.  Side seals are probably good, though new would be better.  Might be able to find cheaper along with throttle body or what needs to be modified to work.  If i go turbo, then i might as well push for 350-400whp, but i want to keep the cruiser at around 200-250 whp.  I don't think the trans or rear end need to be upgraded for that whp.  250 seems to be the mark that requires upgrade of the trans and diff.

murz:
Honestly, you could just throw a nice full header to muffer exhaust on the S5 engine, such as the Racing beat exhaust. And call it good. Or go another step and throw an ECU on it, and give it a tune, there are people that hit 200whp on stock ported 6 ports as well. Save the rest of the funds for your other project, and slowly build that up. That's $1000 - $1500 right there, and the car would wake up a bit, and sound 100 times better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version