Generation Specific > RX-8 Generation Specific

RX8 Parts Car

<< < (3/4) > >>

ITSWILL:
The path for fuel to get to oil is past the side seals and then oil control rings. Does it seem like it is burning excess oil too?

RotaryBC:
Doesn't seam to be burning oil.

I might as well pull the engine, and get it over with :(

It was always to be a parts car.

murz:
That sounds like a lot of fuel, are you sure it wasn't coolant? How many miles are on that engine?

RotaryBC:
Its fuel and as you say a lot.

I was thinking it may be a stuck open injector.
The service manual procedure it to check the PCM signal first with an oscilloscope, I don't have a scan tool that can do that or remember how to use an oscilloscope :-[
If that's good pull the injection module out as a complete unit, which means pulling the intake manifolds off.
Once the intake manifolds are removed there's just few more steps to remove the engine for the rebuild, right?

I kind of feel like the guys on RX8.com,  it's not low compression it could be this, or change this.

murz:
If it is indeed fuel, then like ITSWILL said, side seals and oil control rings are toast. I'd also assume compression is gone too though, if it's that bad. I haven't heard of RX8's having injector issues like the older injectors on the old FC's, but I guess anything is possible.

How are hot starts and cold starts? Those are a good indication of compression and potential flooding problems.

Once you have the intake off, you'll have to disconnect the trans (either from the drive shaft or from the engine), engine mounts, all wiring, fuel, water and oil and bunch of small things. From there it's not too difficult, but you've gotta commit though.

If you do rebuild, I'd see what you can do to convert that engine to a 6 port 13BMSP instead of the 4 port version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version