Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Build Thread

Kamiko - 93 touring model in red

(1/3) > >>

~Groll69~:
Dreams do come through.  As many of you know, I have been wanting to purchase an FD.  Well a divorce had to happen and I needed to find myself and an amazing woman that fully supported my dreams too first in order to make  things a reality. 

The Woodward dream cruise has been a huge part of this group.  Last year in 2018, at the dream cruise, while in the middle of my divorce, Bruce Wallace offered me a chance to purchase his beautiful 93 Rx7 touring model in a year or two when he was ready to sell it.  So the following Sept I looked at my finances and realized I had enough to get me close to purchasing it.  I met up with Bruce at the Blarney Stone on Woodward and we struck a deal on the price of the car. 

Since striking the deal, I was then in serious need of a good parking space.  In the mean time I had started dating Carianne.  After a bit we decided to purchase a house together and not just any location would do.  7s were in my blood and the place we found has the address of 777 and has 7 acres with a pond.  My dreams were coming true.

Summer roles around and the money I had set aside to purchase my dream was short because of needing things for the house and down payment.  I was also planning a huge house warming party which included a surprise birthday engagement and full wedding.  Since funds were short, I had to secure some financing to make my dreams happen.  I got that and called Bruce to finalize the sale on the same day as the party 7/13. 
Bruce had paid for storage of the car and wanted to get more summer fun out of it before I was able to take full possession of Kamiko. 
Just over 4 weeks later He was ready to let it go.  We both held to our gentleman's agreement that we struck.  Personally I didn't mind waiting.  I have waited about 20 years from when I first wanted an FD till now when I was able to realize my dream.  I am happy that Bruce was able to let it go right before Woodward Dream Cruise.  He has been a great member of the forum for years.  I had always loved seeing his car when he brought it out for Dream Cruise. 
Since getting the car, I have named her Kamiko.  Kamiko means little goddess in Japanese.  So now I can only say let's cruise.  Life is to short not to enjoy.

murz:
About time! Seriously, so happy for you man, everything has been really been coming through this year for you. Last night was a perfect night to cruise too. Can't wait to see more of it this weekend!

Also, nice picture of it in the garage, i bet that feels good huh?

FCwidman:
Man seems like everyone in the club is getting an fd, maybe I should put off buying a house and pick one up instead lol.
Cant wait to see it at the dream cruise

ITSWILL:
You should

~Groll69~:
Kamiko is officially put away for the winter.  She is sleeping soundly under her soft cover.  I have also gotten Bella put away too so now i can begin taking her apart and getting ready for painting the engine bay.  Thanks to Itswill for helping me get things moved around in my new barn to park 3 of my rx 7s side by side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version