Technical and Performance > General Rotary Technical Support

Pilot bearing

(1/2) > >>

Twisted:
OK so i cant get the inner bearing sleeve of the eccentric shaft. been messing with it when i have free time tried using a cheap rental puller quickly learn that was a bad idea when half of the bearing came out i have tried every thing i can think of even took a dremel to it cant get that thing out. car has been laid up almost a year now really just want to get it back together.

~Groll69~:
where are you located?  Might be able to help you

~Groll69~:
i have used various things to get that pilot bearing out.  the latest and most successful was pilot bearing tool with slide hammer from harbor freight.  I had to put the right fingers into the eccentric shaft and then assemble the rest of the tool.  once it was nice and tight then i used the slide hammer to beat it out. 

The dremal has work for me in the past where i carefully cut a line in the pilot bearing all the way through and bent the metal in on itself to get it out.

Twisted:
I’m up in Ubly yeah I’m out of ideas

~Groll69~:
If you were a little closer i would pop over and help you.  Unless you are able to bring it down to my house in ortonville.  We could get it knocked out real quick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version