Author Topic: Getting the Vert ready for Summer Fun!! (The Saga)  (Read 449 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Getting the Vert ready for Summer Fun!! (The Saga)
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
Sunday was such a beautiful day.  We began by cleaning the house and I started taking all of my tools back out to the garage to put away.  I didn't do much work in the garage over the winter so I would take the tools into the house and leave them there.  The sun was shinning so beautifully, I decided that I didn't want to waste my time with all work and no play.

The black 88 convertible was calling my name.  It was itching to be driven.  Stored all winter long since the end of Oct. A light dust had settled onto it.  I looked at the trailer and car that blocked its path to the open road and decided that they must be moved.

After freeing up the pathway, I jumped in to start up that wonderful rotary engine.  It cranked a little longer then normal, but fired up.  To keep it from immediatly stalling out i had to feather the gas while it burned away the cobwebs of winter storage.  The smoke billowed out of the exhuast.  blocking the view of anything behind it for a couple of minutes. 

I let the car sit there and idle for a bit.  The engine warming up to the chil that was still in the air.  After i had felt it had officially warmed up, i backed it carefully out of the garage for a full check of the tires.  Upon inspecting them, one tire was completly flat so I put air in it and told My duaghter to hop in. 

I wanted to excersie the car.  Feeling the little engine break out of winter storage and ready it for the summer.  We took of down the street, zipping by the neighborhood houses.  We turned north and headed that way for a few blocks.  After which we circled back.  Cruising through the neighborhood, excersing the brakes and clutch.  Just knowing that summer is right around the corner and top down weather will be here soon.

Just as we were heading back to the house, the clutch began operating poorly, until it finaly wouldn't go into gear at all.  The moment we had allowed me to stop the car across the street from the house to inspect.  To what did my wandering eyes find was and empty hyduralic clutch resevoir and no immediate sign of leakage. 

Running back to the garage, i grabed the container of hydralic fluid to dump it, and i saw a puddle of oil in my garage.  I am not sure if that puddle is hyduralic fluid, engine oil or power steering fluid.  It was located closer to the power stering then anything else. The car was still in the street running, so i didn't have much time to continue my inspection.

After arriving back at the vert I filled the resivoir with the fluided.  Pumping the clutch a few times, i was able to use it again.  We closed the hood and my duaghter and I drove the car back into the garage for the rest of the day.  I did not get to do any further inspection of the mystery, but I expect this saga to be continued........
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!