Generation Specific > 2nd Generation Build Thread

Groll's Baby!!!!

<< < (22/22)

~Groll69~:
There appears to be a significant voltage drop from the alternator post to the battery.  Now I just need to find where the resistance is.  I have not crawled under the car yet to clean the connections and check them.  I should buy a couple of grounding straps and improve the grounding from the engine to the body at least.  Maybe run a new wire from the alternator to the starter too.  The alternator is only putting out 12.8 to 13.2 volts so I think that should be replaced in the near future too.  I did redo the connector to the back of the alternator.  As you can see in the pic, one of the wires is exposed and bare.

~Groll69~:
Friday evening 5/19/2017 was not a fun evening for me.  I was taking tables and chairs to gabby and Martin house to use for their wedding on sat.  I exited the highway at 14 mile rd and turned at microcenter to head south.  As I turned, a lady in a white 4 door sedan decided to pull across two lanes of traffic and a center turn lane right out in front of me.  I hit my brakes and tried stopping, but I was unable to avoid her.  Her passenger side front door hit my drivers side front corner.  Needless to say this was not what I needed.

She received the ticket, and now I am stuck repairing my baby.  Good thing is that I have some spare parts.  The other good thing is it was still drivable, so I will be driving it home tonight in order to begin re-assessing the damage and figure out path to get her repaired.  No one was hurt in the accident.  I am hoping that the frame isn't tweaked.  We will find out.

murz:
That sucks man, I hate that area, it's designed poorly, I've almost got hit several times from terrible drivers.

Glad no one was hurt and glad it still runs, hopefully the frame is OK.

~Groll69~:
A lot has happened since i last posted on my baby.  A divorce, buying new house, getting married to my awesome wife etc along with purchasing a beautiful 1980 SA ten anniversary edition and dream 1993 FD.

I have finally moved Jenny into the barn do i can begin working on her.  Start will be removing the engine and transmission.  Then i can begin the much dreaded bodywork.  Hopefully i can get her together and on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version