Generation Specific > 1st Generation Build thread

84 GSL-SE

(1/6) > >>

~Groll69~:
Well i have finally expanded my tinkering.  I have just received delivery of an 84 GSL-SE to my house to get running.  I am doing this work for a gentleman named Mike out of Northville MI.  He wants the car running again as a daily driver.  It had some issues of blowing the 20 amp engine fuse in the interior fuse block.  Since the issue of blowing the fuse, the car has sat in a garage for 8 years.

I will be bringing it back up to daily driving condition.  I will post pics as i go.

This is the first year that mazda installed the 13B into the 1st gen.  They only installed it on this variant for 1984.

joe1573:
Sounds like, mice have eaten some wires and you have a short. I hate chancing wires, good luck.
Joe

~Groll69~:
My first step is start with changing the ingition starter wires since that is where i here arcing upon turning the key.  I am hoping that particular fix is all it takes. 

Question Joe, do you know where to get the fusable links at that are in the engine bay? I found Atkinsrotary.com carries them.  Is there anywhere else?

~Groll69~:
Last night i moved the car formally into the garage and i started to put the to do list on my wipe it board.  I removed the hood and hung it on my wall for better access to the engine.  You can see how dirty the engine bay is.  I plan to clean it up so i dont get as dirty working on it.  It will also make it look a lot nicer when I am all done with it.

~Groll69~:
Eight years of sitting, there are sure to be some things that need replacing. one example is this upper radiator hose connection. It has some holes rusted through it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version