Author Topic: FS: RX8 Manual transmission  (Read 572 times)

Offline fidelity101

FS: RX8 Manual transmission
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:19:16 AM »
I have for sale a manual transmission out of an S1 body style rx8. The vehicle had 50k and was running and driving fine until a fuel leak at the tank caught the car on fire. I was planning on using this in my rx7 but plans changed. What you see is what you get, I can engage all of the gears, it includes the fork/throw out bearing/fork boot and shifter pedestal (not shown in photos). Output shaft seal will need to be replaced, it looks like it was damaged upon removal. It shifts fine, no 2nd gear syncro issues.

I am asking $350 to MIRC members but I am also willing to trade for a used set of matching 225/45/18 tires

Parts located in Royal Oak MI 48067, possible delivery arrangements avail depending on location.

easiest way to reach me is PM or email. Fidelity101@gmail.com

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:56:46 AM by fidelity101 »

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: FS: RX8 Manual transmission
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:30:52 AM »
how well does it fit into existing 2nd gens?  any idea?  I may want to put it in my car in order to have a 6th gear.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:13 AM »
its a bit of a swap but doesnt seem too difficult.

1. The bell housing is the same however the rx8 slave cylinder does not clear oil pedestal so a honda one fits in, I have to dig up the part number but its 11 bucks or so from autozone.

2. same flywheel as t2 and likely the clutch/disc PP is interchangeable

3. use rx8 starter although I will test soon if a t2 one fits, it looks like it would.

4. overall trans is about 4" shorter so it may require some mild cutting at the shifter location in the floor.

5. outputshaft is same spline diameter/count as t2, driveshaft will need to be lengthened

6. custom trans mount will be needed, there are some good provisions for it too so it may not be a daunting task.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
That may be more work then i am ready for at this point.  I would love it.  if i can get my car together first and running then i can re-look at the posibility of having it.  By then you should have this sold.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:17:15 PM »
Maybe, but if not I have a spare trans which is always good for a rally car.

I will soon have a t2 trans for sale, works fine. 2nd grinds if you shift fast at high rpm but totally fine other wise.

Say 50 bucks?

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:09:10 AM »
sold!