Author Topic: WTB - passenger S4 window control  (Read 585 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
WTB - passenger S4 window control
« on: June 30, 2015, 09:33:14 PM »
Looking for S4 model passenger window control.

It seems that my passenger window control is not operating properly.  I have cleaned it and taken it apart, but I have only managed to get it to put the window up sporadically.  seems to be an issue with the connections through the plastic and the rivets. 

If someone has one, let me know if I can get that from you and how much.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

Re: WTB - passenger S4 window control
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:37:40 AM »
that reminds me, I need to clean and re-try mine as well.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »
i am still looking for another passenger window switch.  Granted i havent searched to hard for it.  The issue is the metal power bar has a crack or something in it that is not allowing the power to transfer from one side to the other. 

I had a similar issue with the interior conertible light not working.  I managed to make it work after figuring out the rivet was bad/corroded and created a better connection for it.  I may try something like that as a fix for the door panels.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:50:42 PM »
I think there was some corrosion between the post and the metal bar to transfer power across the switch.  a little bit of soldering and i have it working properly now.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
These cars really need a relay system added like modern cars, all the current travels through that little switch and it corrodes the contacts.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 06:47:45 AM »
They certainly do.  There should be an easy way to make and install the relays in a nice configuration.
"Long Live Rotary"