Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Specific

Simplified Sequential and Hose Upgrades

(1/3) > >>

show_off:
I was going to throw the Apexi Power FC sitting in my garage on the car, then the engine bay threw up!  It got out of control quick.

I started with removing the ACV and EGR, then it escalated to simplifying the rats nest.  The simplified sequential reduces several of the solenoids, rats nests, and other junk that will not be needed. 

All this is being done now.  I plan on pulling the engine this winter to fix the oil leak, put some low mile twins on (my primary is leaking), upgrade the fuel system (AFPR, Supra Pump, 1680s), relocate the battery to passenger side bin, and add a FMIC.  I will do some simple tuning before heading to Chicago in May to have Steve Kan tune it.

I'll try to keep this thread updated.
I have pulled everything apart, cleaned the turbo area, and added the block off plates to the LIM.  I have all new silicone hoses for the car to put on this week.  Fun times.

murz:
That engine bay is packed tight with all of the emissions components, hard to imagine a tiny 2 rotor is hiding underneath all that. Will you be running it sequential still or parallel? Good to hear you'll be doing some reliability mods, are you running a downpipe, or do you still have the pre-cat? I know that's a good reliability mod, unless you've already done it. Looking forward to seeing updates!

show_off:
The car has 3" exhaust with no cats all the way back. I've done a bunch of the reliability stuff already. I'm just going to the next logical step.

ITSWILL:
Funny, I have the same docking station radio.  What are the 1680s for?  Maybe I'm just not in the know with FDs, but 1680s seem pretty excessive for twins.  I see that Steve Kan tunes Megasquirts as well, I might have to get him to tune my 20B as well.  Is he in Chicago now or is this another one of his nomadic tuning sessions?

show_off:
Steve travels quite a bit. He has tuned 2 of my cars, great dude.

850s are on the edge of where I plan on running with twins. 1680s are just insurance for now as I will turn up the boost on the twins. I will eventually have to switch over to ID injectors to run E85.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version