Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Specific

The winter project

(1/5) > >>

show_off:
Started the winter project to fix some nagging issues and maybe do a rebuild if I can hide it from my wife! ;D.   I plan on moving the battery to the passenger side bin, rebuilding the brake calipers, putting on new rotors and pads all around, FMIC, lower mileage twins, fix front and rear seal oil leaks, upgraded clutch, new fuel rail with 1680s and FPR, Supra fuel pump with the direct rewire mod, new pulleys, and new water pump housing.  Lots of crap to do.

Pulled the intakes, intercooler, AST, battery, and the koyo radiator.  I found the 4 blade fan was stuck and appears broken.  I still need to drop the AC condenser and lines. 

I bought a kerosene heater and it does a great job of keeping the garage warm in 30 degree weather.  Hopefully it will work well when temps drop even lower.

I'll try to keep this updated, and anyone is welcome to come help me pull this bad boy! 8)

murz:
Awesome! A lot to do, but will make one fresh FD! If i find some time i'd be glad to help! How's the engine's compression?

show_off:
Murz, the engine is 100 psi on both rotors.  It is an Atkins reman with roughly 60,000 miles on it, that is why I might rebuild it before it gets any worse.

show_off:
I spent 4-5 hours going through stuff and removing things to simplify the engine removal. 

I removed the condenser and most of the AC lines first.  I'll have to shift and adjust things with the new front mount intercooler anyway, so there is less in the way when I'm pulling it out.

I then decided to pull the down pipe out and removed the air pump tube to the catalytic converter that was just left down there.  I did a lot of cleaning down there since my oil leaks have been significant.

I then pulled the intake compression tube, AC compressor, power steering pump and lines, the bracket that holds them on, oil cooler lines, fuel lines, throttle and cruise control cables, random vacuum lines, ground wires, and removed some of the wiring harness & plugs.  The stupid bolt for the air pump broke on this spare housing again!  I hate that thing!  At least I can get it in a drill press to get it out now.

There is not a lot left to do at this point.  The main harness needs to be pulled through the fire wall and unplugged from the tranny, starter removed, tranny bolts removed, and then unbolt the engine mounts.  That should free it up to be pulled soon.  Lots of cleaning to do and some random minuscule crap to fix. 

I need a parts washer!

~Groll69~:
Great job.  I just got back from Alabama so haventgotten to do any car work past couple of weeks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version