Generation Specific > RX-8 Generation Specific

Big gray cloud....

(1/5) > >>

Mark.c0000:
Ok the other day I had the CEL pop on so I took my rx8 to the parts store because I needed a radiator cap anyway. I got the code and it was a p0420 not really a big deal I unplugged the o2 and dropped the cat to take a look. My o2 sensor is a little bit bent and my cat was already broken so I figured I would just knock a hole through it until I can pick up a test pipe. It started running a little better for about two days. Today I was driving back from the store (about 30 min away 60-65 mph speed limits) and it started running a little rough so a rapped it up a few times thinking maybe a fowled plug and got a huge gray cloud  (couldn't even see the car behind me anymore ) . The next stoplight no idle problem but another huge cloud and not again just the two times. Car is running fine now so start or idle problems and no more smoke. Anybody know what would cause this?

ITSWILL:
Maybe an accumulation of unburned fuel or maybe a bunch or carbon built up in the cat that got knocked loose.

murz:
I would suspect something got burned off from the cat?

~Groll69~:
sounds like its the cat material that broke loose and exiting.  if it didn't exit, you would have a whole host of other issues.

Mark.c0000:
Ok thanks guys. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope it was just a chunk of catalyst or build up in the cat. Hopefully it will stay running good because it's my daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version