Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Specific

Fuel cut, hesitation, breaking up???

(1/6) > >>

awfc3s:
I drove the car for the first time to work yesterday with no problems. Felt great. Drove it home, felt great. Went to fill up before going to the movies, felt great. Drove to the movies, felt great/didn't notice anything. Got out of the movies and the car was breaking up under medium load. If I got into boost it would break up through out the rpm range. I put too much premix in when I got gas because my fuel gauge apparently reads 1/4 lower than what it really is. On the way home I stopped and put in another 2.5 gallons of 93 to try to even it out. Not sure if I got bad gas or if something else is going on. Going to pull the plugs this evening. I'm also considering draining the tank. Only difference was that I drove home at night, so my headlights were on. Not sure if I have a grounding issue. Just to note, I can get through the rpm range, but it's painful. Just about everything under the hood is new or newer, this is not going to be fun.

I should also mention that turbos are parallel and running a Haltech platinum sprint RE ECU.

murz:
Can you get through the rpms entirely at low load? I wonder if something came disconnected.

awfc3s:
If I am cruising on light load it's almost as if there isn't a problem. Car seems to idle fine. I haven't tried free revving. I don't think it's fuel cut cause that's a pretty violent feeling. It's more like an ignition cut.

awfc3s:
Now that I think about it, I had a similar issue/feeling on my motorcycle. Changed the plugs and it all went away. So I am hoping that that is the issue.

murz:
Speaking of plugs, I need to change mine out sooner than later as well. I wonder if it could be a bad coil?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version