Linked Events

• Cruise and Cookout in Grand Ledge Fitzgerald Park: September 07, 2019

Author Topic: Cruise and Cookout in Grand Ledge Fitzgerald Park Sept 7th 2019  (Read 1433 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
It's time to do another event.  I would like to do a cruise from Pontiac to Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge.  It has been a few years since the last time we visited this park.  The sandstone Ledges are great to walk along and enjoy.  You can walk from the park all the way to Downtown Grand Ledge and the island park.  There maybe a fee to enter Fitzgerald Park so bring some cash.  We will meet at the Woodward Dream cruise lot at 9:30am  leave there about 10am.  We should arrive to Fitzgerald around 12-12:30.

If you want to meet us directly at Fitzgerald, then be there at about 12-12:30.

I have a route mapped out there that should allow us to enjoy our cars on the way to the park.  I will post it when I get google maps to cooperate with me on it.

I have a short cruise route that will start and end at Fitzgerald Park for those that want to cruise after the cookout.

Please let me know what you plan on bringing and I will add it to the list.  Please let me know you are going. 

Drinks
Burgers
Hot dogs/Brats  - Groll69
Potato Salad
Pasta Salad
Dessert
Charcol
Grilling utensils - Groll69
Plates - Groll69
Napkins - Groll69
Forks/Spoons - Groll69
Anything else I will add.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:55:55 PM by ~Groll69~ »
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
Re: Cruise and Cookout in Grand Ledge Fitzgerald Park Sept 7th 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:25:28 AM »
Who is planning on coming?  This should be a good day for cruising and a cookout.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline murz

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 07:05:09 AM »
I'm going to try, odds are I'll be working from 8AM til noon. Trying to see if it can get shifted earlier.
1986 AS GXL Turbo swapped
1993 VR R1

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 06:42:52 AM »
I'm likely going to go. Rima will have to bring the kids in the SS.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 09:08:01 AM »
sounds good, Carianne is most likely going to be on call so she will meet us up there that day.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 06:28:00 AM »
Here is the proposed route.  We meet at 10 am in Pontiac at the Woodward dream cruise lot.  The link must be opened on your phone with google maps.

See directions from 99 Murray St to Fitzgerald Park Dr via Carrie Lee's Lake Garden, Springfield Oaks Golf Course, and 4 other stops ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ) in Google Maps.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:38:42 AM by ~Groll69~ »
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 05:39:02 AM »
The Cruise and cookout was a blast, Thanks Itswill and Rob and Carianne for making it out for a good time.  I'm glad you guys enjoyed the route there and we will have ot try to get another event planned soon.
"Long Live Rotary"