Generation Specific > 1st Generation Build thread

'85 GSL SA Reversion

(1/3) > >>

XLNDRVR:
Here's a snapshot of my current resto project, an '85 GSL with 230K miles, which I originally got for free several years ago and refurbished and drove until I stripped it down to the shell a couple of years ago.

So far, I've stripped almost everything out of the shell.  The dash and glass will stay in the vehicle.  I've refurbished the fuel tank, rear end, and rear suspension links, installing poly bushings.  I've purchased a new driveshaft, new Watts pivot w/Mazdatrix reinforcing bracket, and the Re-Speed R&P conversion kit.

Next steps are to prep the front struts for Re-Speed coilovers, rebuild the brake calipers, rebuild the transmission, strip and mod the Nikki carb, coat the RB roadrace dual exhaust, and tackle the body work.  I'm hoping to stay motivated and have the underbody repaired and coated by spring, paint the exterior next summer, and have assembly completed by this time next year.  We'll see...

I've been slowly accumulating the components needed to revert this FB to the appearance of an SA.  I finally found the last of what I've needed, this week.  I like the interior of the '85, the GSL's LSD and four wheel discs, and the exterior lines of the SA.  90% sure that I"ll stick to this plan.

Mike

ITSWILL:
Nice project!!! The more I look at FBs the more I want one.

Kentetsu:
Respeed R&P = Yummy!  :)

Can't wait to see this thing on the road Mike.  Hurry up so you can come racing with me! lol

~Groll69~:
I hope you can make great progress on it this winter.

pjr:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login...I've been slowly accumulating the components needed to revert this FB to the appearance of an SA.  I finally found the last of what I've needed, this week.  I like the interior of the '85, the GSL's LSD and four wheel discs, and the exterior lines of the SA.  90% sure that I"ll stick to this plan.

Mike

--- End quote ---

Mike, that's a very cool plan. The 84-85 interiors are really comfortable, look good, and are well laid out. And exterior-wise, the lines of the SA really take mods such as spoilers much better than a FB.... very coool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version