Generation Specific > 1st Generation Build thread

'85 GSL SA Reversion

<< < (3/3)

XLNDRVR:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No tweaking here -- it is what it is. At least it;s not brown! :)

I've been adding tweaks (shifter knob, mats, etc) to emphasize some of the other colors of the interior.... eliminate a little of the RED everywhere.

--- End quote ---

I had a brown/brown FB several years ago.  Wasn't crazy about the brown exterior, but did like the interior.  Wish I still had it - I was t-boned by a guy running a red light.

Red interiors still show up - Porsche Boxter, Cadillac CTS-V, Mustang GT, Corvette, and others, so you're hangin' with a decent crowd.  Probably seems like a good idea when first buying the car, but I'm not sure about the long term.

~Groll69~:
Red interior certainly gives you a dated look.  Not that it is a bad thing but it certaily highlights the year it was made.  Black is a great universal interior color,  White is another one, but much harder to keep clean.  Its all a matter of personal choice.

Chad D.:
Red is nice as a highlight colour to a black or grey interior. The rx8 looks nice with the black/red leather interior. I just prefer grey/black cloth because I don't slide around as much.
Faded red on the other hand looks better in a 84 firebird with t-tops.

XLNDRVR:
Anyone local have or know of someone with a K8 Tornado 7 or 626?  Haven't seen the color in person since the mid-80's and am considering painting my project K8.  I'd like to see it again on a vehicle before committing. 

The alternative would be buying a paint sample, but nothing beats the real thing on an entire car.

Thanks!

~Groll69~:
No clue on who would have that.   If you do find it, it may have some sun fade from the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version