Author Topic: Mazda 6S - Saga  (Read 4895 times)

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
    • Elegant Lady Bridal and Tuxedo
Re: Mazda 6S - Saga
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »
I do.  I think we damaged it during replacement of the seal and reinstallation of the axle.  A $14 error
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 10:51:12 AM »
Glad to hear it you got it moving before the cold cold comes in, its been super nice this week and I hope it stays that way.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »
I drove the car to grand ledge and worked on it some more after it kicked a couple of codes.  Replaced the passenger side transmission seal again since damged it upon installation last time.  Had to clean some parts, replace the spark plugs and i havent kicked a code yet.  Feels more powerful too.  I am so glad it is running right now.
"Long Live Rotary"

An RX-7 is like having a slut as a gf! She will love you, but she will also screw around with the guy at the parts store, most of the local cops, your insurance agent, your apex seals, your bank account and your credit card!!!

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
The car did kick two codes today while driving, that was in efficent warm-up of the cats.  Since I don't have any operational cats, i just cleared the code.  Really should have something in place to help avoid that code, but not sure what that fix would be.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
that code is probably going to keep coming back if you dont have cats, im surprised it just didnt throw a defunct cat code lol.

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
Well, i broke down and took the car into a transmission shop in warren to get the differential seals replaced so they dont leak.  Evidently i messed up some how on them cuasing them to leak upon re-installing the engine.  I should get the car back on friday after getting the lugnut key to them.  They have to await for the seals to arrive anyways.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The car did kick two codes today while driving, that was in efficent warm-up of the cats.  Since I don't have any operational cats, i just cleared the code.  Really should have something in place to help avoid that code, but not sure what that fix would be.

You are an EE make some sort of O2 sensor simulator.  Or just take the bulb out of the dash.
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
The car has been running great after i got the ignition coils replaced and found out that one of the electrical connectors was cracked and not holding properly to the ingition coil cuasing the car to misfire.  Once I taped that connector into place the misfire issue was resolved.

The latest fun was i thought i needed new brake pads all around on the car.  Upon purchasing new brake pads and starting the work, i found out that the rear calipers needed to be completly replaced, including the caliper hardware.  It needed new rear rotors and pads.  I found out the front wheel bearing had failed on the drivers side.  The rest of the brakes on the front were completly fine. 

The wheel bearing is a pressed in design and an absolute pain to get off of the car.  We got the new bearing installed and then relized that half of the hub shaft had too much wear in order to reuse properly.  Therefore the front hub needed to be replaced too.  So its been a fun past few days of work with the car.  I should get the car back from my parents house on tuesday, since that is where i started to do all of the work at.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline fidelity101

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 06:04:44 AM »
That reminds me of working on my old audi. Start tearing into one corner for a suspension bushing or link, end up replacing everything around it too lol.

no fun :(

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
no its not very much fun, but i should be getting my car back hopefully tonight. 
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 05:43:51 AM »
I got my car back tuesday night except the brakes were extremly soft.  Evidently My dad and I failed to do a proper bleed on them.  I took it over to Will's house and enlisted his help and warm garage to get the last of the air bubbles and old brake fluid out of it.  Now the car stops properly, though my wheel sensor keeps kicking on.  Looks like i will need another sensor.  Otherwise the car is doing great and very drivable.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »
This car loves to demand attention at the least in convienent times.  Yesterday as we were traveling from La Porte IN to Lansing to get our duaghter and then head back home, we decided to stop at a mcDonalds near battle creek.  When we got back in the car and started it up the spark plug blew out of the number 5 cylinder. 

The good thing is i had tools with me so i attempted to re-install, but turned out the threads were stripped.  So we ran on 5 cylinders the rest of the way to lansing, met  at my parents house and re-tapped a spark plug insert into the car.  The nice thing is the particular cylinder was easy to get to and the repair was easy to do.  Just the timing sucked. 

Well just another notch to add to this saga lol.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ITSWILL

• Rotary God!!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
wow, doesn't say a lot for that ford engine
86 Base LS1 w/100 shot
88 TII 20B T70 turbo

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »
No it doesn't.  Its a Ford 3.0 Liter engine too.  Last night the Spark Plug in the number 4 cylinder (which we thought was number 1) blew out and i was replacing that.  The good is i already owned the tool, i just needed the right coil.  So now it had blown out two plugs in the new (used) engine.  The previous engine had blown out two plugs, but i only had to re-tap one of those two plugs. 

I know the reason is not excessive back pressure becuase there is nothing in the exhuast line to cuase excessive back pressure.  To me seems more like a poor design since it is alluminum that the spark plugs screw into.
"Long Live Rotary"

Offline ~Groll69~

• Administrator
  • Rotary God!!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 06:01:02 AM »
Well i can't seem to go very long without haveing to have some part come to the end of its life.  Earlier i had to heli-coil two spark plugs the blew out.  This time the Tensioner pulley failed.  I drove it on its battery over to a friends house in Royal Oak and now i am awaiting a new tensioner to arrive.  Once i receive that, then the car will be good to go.
"Long Live Rotary"