Generation Specific > RX-8 Generation Specific

Sputtering and loss of power when hot...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mark.c0000:
It was the fuel pump. Changed it out last weekend and haven't had it stall or sputtering anymore..... I am starting to hate this car now. Driving home from work about 40 minutes​ ago I lost 6th gear without even a warning. Going down mound I came to a red light and started slowing down it changed to green so I popped it in 5th and went to go back to 6th and it wouldn't go. I would have been ok loosing 5th for a little bit but loosing 6th until I get another trans is going to be terrible. I may need to admit defeat on this 8 soon and trade it for a better daily...

~Groll69~:
keep it for a fun car and grab a different one for a daily. 

murz:
Jeez, that sucks man. There was a 6 speed for sale on CL not too long ago. I still want an RX8!

ITSWILL:
I hear you, my coolant seals seem to have crapped out in my 8 with barely 60k on the odo. Shit gets old.

Mark.c0000:
The annoying part is it's something new every week or two. I only had the new fuel pump in for two days​ when the trans went out. Before that was all four struts and a new motor before that. I have more in to parts than I paid for the car now lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version