Generation Specific > RX-8 Generation Specific

RX8 Parts Car

<< < (2/4) > >>

RotaryBC:
The add You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I drained the oil, changed the oil filter, filled to the line on the dipstick.
De-fooding procedure, got it started, drive it about 1.5 the first day.
Next two days I started it and drove about 3 miles each day.
Saturday I drove it to Groll69's 30 miles round trip, did the compression check, low, on the way back I tried the heat, it didn't blow hot.
Sunday I filled the coolant tank, planned on changing the oil one more time, that's when I checked the oil, and found the "milkshake".
I cleaned the dipstick and checked agained, I didn't see any oil on the stick the first or the second time.

Looking at the coolant it does't have any oil in it

RotaryBC:
I changed the oil again no milky oil, drove it 10 miles, checked oil, no more (none) on dipstick.

It now starts when warm!  ;D

It does have CEL P0410 Secondary Air Pump, the Air Pump does sound sick.

ITSWILL:
the bearings shit out on those things. I removed mine since I don't have a cat anyway

murz:
Hopefully it's resolved now, however I'd keep checking daily to see if it comes back up again, especially if it's a small leak.

RotaryBC:
Saturday I drove the parts car to High Octane Cafe', 50 miles round trip.

I had 30 miles on a fresh oil change.

Before leaving, checked oil level (full mark) and coolant level, both were good, .

When I returned, checked oil and coolant again, the coolant level good, but the oil level was way past full to the point could not see the level, and a strong gas smell.

Does this sound like a stuck open injector?
Would it be a good move to change plugs, wires, and coils before doing anything else?
Then change the oil and see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version